We are experts in asbestos removal and specialize in residential properties. All estimate are free in the greater Fresno area, including Coarsegold and Oakhurst.
What is Asbestos?
Asbestos is the name given to a group of naturally occurring minerals that are resistant to heat and corrosion. Asbestos has been used in many building materials and was banned in 1977 in the Unites States.
What are the hazards of asbestos?
Asbestos is a known carcinogen and can cause serious health problems and can be fatal. Airborne asbestos fibers are too small to be seen with the naked eye. Breathing asbestos fibers can cause a buildup of scar-like tissue in the lungs called asbestosis and result in loss of lung function that often progresses into disability and death. Asbestos also causes cancer of the lung and other diseases such as mesothelioma.
Where asbestos hazards may be found in the home
- Houses built between 1930 and 1950 may have asbestos insulation.
- Asbestos may be present in textured paint and in patching compounds used on wall and ceiling joints.
- Acoustic “pop-corn” ceiling material applied prior to 1980 often contains asbestos.
- Asbestos is found in the backing of some vinyl sheeting “Linoleum” and is also found in vinyl floor tiles and mastic.
- HVAC ducting and furnaces can be insulated with asbestos.
- Asbestos shingles and roofing can be found on older homes.